Thursday, October 6, 2016

Sight Word Fun!

Hello!

The kindergarteners started their Sight Word program this week. I found a new sight word game from ckisloski.blogspot.com to try out. I gave the children letters that builds the sight word list for the week. I added a control on top (wrote the words) to scaffold the students in building the words. I gave them very little instructions. I told them they were to pick a letter from the pile, find their group to build the sight word and let them go! It was pretty cool how they just figured it out. 

And they're off!!!
Loving the group discussions... buzz, buzz, buzz
Kindergarten parents: Wouldn't this be a fun game to try at home, too? =)

"Your letter does not belong here. We need a B!"
C-A-N  "can"!

1 comment:

  1. I love this idea.
    Thanks for keeping this blog and giving us a glimpse into their school day.

    ReplyDelete